Amid traditional school fundraising ideas, such as chocolate bars, cookie dough and unwanted magazine subscriptions, comes a fresh, viral school fundraising idea.
Viral? Yes, because it spreads naturally beyond the geographical limitations and direct sales efforts of traditional fundraising.
The viral fundraising idea begins with winsome, online content for kids. Content that people talk about and send to their friends. The fundraising twist comes when Kids Talk About God (KTAG) sponsored web pages deliver great kids’ content courtesy of your organization and online sponsors. The advantages over traditional school fundraising ideas are numerous and obvious.
Before explaining the details of how to spread a school fundraising idea virus, consider these benefits:
1) Expand Your Reach: The relatives of students who live in other parts of the country can easily support this fundraising effort. Empower your students to send e-mail to relatives and friends who can sponsor online. Your organization can set up a PayPal account for online donations.
2) Collect Advertising Dollars: Pick up checks for hundreds of dollars from business owners, managers and professionals who have advertising budgets. Most fundraising products limit your students’ efforts to making a lot of small sales.
3) Build On Success: Instead of starting over every year with a new school fundraising idea, build on the past success by collecting renewals. Go back for renewals with tracking data that shows how many unique visitors came to your organization’s KTAG sponsored web page during the past year. Imagine how relaxed you’ll be at the beginning of the school year when you know that a significant percentage of last year’s sponsors are going to renew.
4) Earn High Commissions: Earn 50 percent of all funds raised without the hassles of distributing tangible products. Your organization receives all sponsor fees and pays Kids Talk About God 50 percent for services rendered. These fees help underwrite the KTAG Ministry.
The advantages of KTAG sponsored web pages begin with an online portfolio of Christian content that parents and grandparents want for their children and grandchildren. Instead of candy and cookies, give your community spiritual goodies from the Kids Click Menu.
Streaming Kid TV Interviews
Begin by sampling the online KTAG Kid TV Interviews of kids answering God- and Bible-related questions. Hundreds of children answered questions for real spots that appeared on an ABC-affiliate TV station.
Online Art Gallery
Next, enjoy Bible art drawn by children in the KTAG Online Art Gallery. More than 70 drawings illustrate Scripture verses. At the click of a mouse, each art piece may be printed from a high-resolution file. Use prints for decorating children’s rooms and helping kids memorize the Bible verses that the drawings illustrate. Some of the featured art comes from the Kids Talk About God gift book distributed in Gold Crown Hallmark stores.
Kids Color Me Bible
Once under contract to the Bible division of Thomas Nelson Publishers, the Kids Color Me Bible represents the newest addition to the Kids Click Menu. This unique, online storybook Bible features children’s answers to Bible questions and their illustrative artwork. Each printable chapter includes a space for kids to write their own answers to featured questions and a full page to draw their illustrative art.
This online, printable book features the Easy-To-Read Version Bible translation courtesy of the World Bible Translation Center. Imagine the excitement kids will experience and the inspiration they’ll receive from making their own editions of this unique book!
Mission Explorers Video Series
Distributed to more than 2,500 churches by Word Ministry Resources, the Mission Explorers Video Series features an 11-year-old girl in a global mission adventure. As mission curriculum, this series sold for $169.95. The Kids Click Menu features the entire series as streaming video. Children and families can experience this amazing missionary journey as online video courtesy of your organization and online sponsors.
Mission Explorers is unique because it shows the work of missionaries through the eyes of a child. Travel to Africa, India, Philippines, Fiji and Bolivia! Some of the world’s largest Christian mission organizations are featured in this inspirational series: Ambassadors for Christ, Awana Clubs International, Every Child Ministries, Far East Broadcasting Company, Food for the Hungry, Hogar Alalay, Operation Mobilization, Mission Aviation Fellowship, Pioneers, SIM International, TEAM, Torchbearers, Trans World Radio and Quiet Corner India.
Now, let’s look at taking the Kids Click Menu and making it work for you as an inspirational school fundraising idea:
The Jerry Lewis Telethon raises millions of dollars every year by recognizing those who donate to its worthy cause. Kids Talk About God sponsored web pages provide inspirational content for children and families while at the same time recognizing individuals and sponsors who make it possible. Many people would rather give to a worthy cause that’s going to help build the spiritual lives of children than to a cause that’s selling the typical fundraising stuff. Most parents, grandparents and relatives of children will purchase whatever fundraising items their children offer.
Many business owners, managers and professionals have substantial advertising budgets. Every visit to a KTAG sponsored web page represents an advertising impression and a possible click through to the sponsor’s website. Imagine the excitement of picking up checks for several hundred dollars for your organization instead of small dollar items most fundraising products represent.
Step One: Consult & Plan Fundraising Campaign
A Kids Talk About God consultant will gather information about your fundraising goals and objectives. After agreeing upon a strategy, you will receive a written proposal and agreement for your review. Earn 50 percent of all funds raised without the hassles of distributing tangible products.
Step Two: Select Fundraising Virus Spreaders
1) E-mail Campaign: It’s no secret that e-mail is the preferred media of many kids. Let them begin your fundraising campaign by sending a message that you approve to their relatives and friends. Forbid them to send e-mail to anyone they don’t know. No spam. Many students have relatives who live in other parts of the country.
2) Promotional KTAG Business Cards: These little cards function as mini billboards for your fundraising campaign. One side of this colorful card contains a listing of the items featured on the Kids Click Menu with the website address for the KTAG sponsored web page created for your organization. The other side of the card may contain a message from your organization or fundraising effort. Give kids these cards and watch the virus spread!
If you order from us, it's only $199 for 5,000 double-sided, full-color, glossy UV-coated cards printed on heavy stock. Every time individuals and businesses become sponsors, turn them into virus spreaders by giving them your personalized KTAG Business Cards to give to their friends and customers.
3) Acrylic Business Card Holders: Expand your fundraising campaign beyond the personal presence of your students. Set up acrylic card holders at high-traffic areas. Let students ask their parents to set them on their desks at work. Do any of your students come from families who own restaurants, retail stores or other high-traffic businesses? These would be the hottest spots for the cardholders.
4) Traditional Marketing: In spite of all the advantages of viral fundraising, don’t forget about traditional marketing of asking people in person to sponsor your organization’s KTAG sponsored web page. Consider having each student make a list of 20 people who are candidates for web page sponsorship. If students are required to turn in their lists of 20 people whom they have asked to sponsor a page, you can almost guarantee that you’ll meet your fundraising goals.
Step Three: Select Sponsor Recognition Program
Kids Talk About God will create a sponsored web page for your organization that offers the Kids Click Menu courtesy of your organization. The personalized or custom part of the web page may contain whatever information your organization wants to post.
1) Sponsor Recognition: A typical sponsored web page contains dedicated space for sponsors. Click-through buttons about how to become an individual or business sponsor should be featured prominently. Levels of sponsorship for individuals and businesses may be created with the corresponding recognition on the sponsored web page.
2) Online Donations: Your organization may create an account with PayPal or another credit card processor to accept online donations. Your organization collects all the money received for sponsors of your web page and pays Kids Talk About God 50 percent for its services. The sponsored web page usually stays up for a minimum of one year.
3) Renewals: Wouldn’t it be wonderful to obtain renewals or ongoing monthly donations from individuals and businesses for the following year? Instead of starting over with a new fundraiser each year, build on previous success. Business owners, managers and professionals want to spend advertising dollars on media that produces goodwill in the community. From the tracking software active on each KTAG sponsored web page, you’ll be able to tell sponsors the number of unique visitors. Conventional mass media cannot deliver these kind of specific numbers.
Call 956-772-1920 for a free consultation with a Kids Talk About God representative, who can help you tailor this school fundraising idea to your school’s needs.